The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The British Red Cross Society.

Rob Bulloch

Is there a roll for the BRCS where a person can be traced, the person I am looking for information on is R. D. MacLean. any help on this would be great.

Thanks in advance Rob. B.

Thanks for your help on this Paul, I will get in touch with them and see if they can help me with this research.

Cheers Rob.

Rob,

I came across a Victory mendal to the B.R.C.S. the other week, the first I have ever seen. I contacted the British Red Cross and they got back to me acknowledging my request very quickly. They did state that it may take 2 to 3 weeks to get back to me, but it will be well worth the wait.

Let me know how you get on, and I accordingly.

James

Priv & Paul thanks for the input I will post the results of my search.

Cheers Rob.

I had excellent help in researching a VAD who had the BWM. This included dates of service and the hospitals she served at in the UK and France. The BRCS could not have been more helpfull.

Terry Reeves

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to the Forum.

Just an up date on my inquiries into Richard D MacLean BRCS. I have since my first post on this thread aquired Richard D MacLean's Medals and MIC It reads Corps BRCS medal entitlement Victory / BWM " BRX/103B Page 115" Theatre of War 1A Date of entry 15/5/17 I sent a letter to the RED CROSS and enquired about this chap the letter arrived on the 30th Aug and I got a reply dated the 2nd Sept that stated they had searched the records and could find no relevant information on Richard D MacLean any one with any suggetion where I go from here

Yours Aye Rob.

Hello again Rob.

Stating the obvious really, but now that you have more details via the MIC, check the relevant Medal Roll - BRX / 103 B Page 115 to see if that reveals further information. You should also check throught the Burnt and Unburnt Documents at the National Archives to see if his service record survives.

So looks like a trip to sunny Kew could be on the cards for you...

Paul

Hi Paul .

Thanks for the reply. And for the information Re: Richard D MacLean. but as I am in Canada a trip to Kew is a bit of a bind, I may put this in the Going to the PRO thread and see what happens.

Yours Aye Rob