The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Found my soldier - G H Wilkinson

Guest sharonm

Friends

I would like to thank everyone for all their help, especially Chris for finding the correct name.

From my article in the ET and all your information i have now found the soldier and lots of information, letters have been received from G Wilkinsons family that are still living in Scunthorpe.

So thank you once again

Kind Regards

Sharon

Hello

My Soldier - George H Wilkinson

For all your information, the story so far:

After discovering my soldiers real name and regiment etc from this site i visited our local Library and found information from 1891 census reports regarding his immediate family (mother, father and siblings names, approx year of birth and place of birth.)

Before using this forum i placed an article in the Scunthorpe Evening Telegraph, they contacted me yesterday as they too have received lots of letters etc, one of particluar interest, turns out to be my soldiers neice and wishes to speak to us.... great connection.

I also visited the Brumby cemetery, and as a stroke of luck i discovered grave stones for George's brother Fred Wilkinson and his wife Emma, and just before leaving the cemetery i found George's mother and father's grave.....brilliant.

I am tonight researching records in the Church registers to find information on birth dates, marriage dates and death dates of all his family as i now have a strong family tree for him.

Regards to all...

Sharon