The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Scottish Territorial Red Cross Brigade

Tonym

<_< Can anybody assist with details of THE SCOTTISH TERRITORIAL RED CROSS BRIGADE please? They certainly existed during the 1914-1918 War and possibly before and after.

The British Red Cross Archives - The National Archives - The Scottish National War Memorial - The National War Museum of Scotland have no records of this Brigade and the M.O.D. Website was worse than Hampton Court Maze. I have attempted to trace a National Territorial Army Archives or Association with no success so in desperation I have Emailed both the "Highland" and "Lowland" Reserve Forces and Cadet Associations and still await a response.

I consider it a tragic insult that people who must obviously had given stirling service during the war in transporting the wounded to various hospitals in Scotland and possibly the UK in general should now have no record of their existance. Whether they were deployed overseas, at the moment, I have no idea.

Both the Scottish War Memorial and Scottish War Museum are keen to acquire any information that I can provide, so can anybody please assist me to help commemorate these 'forgotten' people?

Thanks

Tonym

Is ther not a Scottish Headquarters of the Red Cross?

I would have thought there may be one in Edinbugh.

I will keep my eyes open for you.

Fred

Thanks Fred

I do have an address for Glasgow which is next in line for a question. I am waiting to see if I get a response from the two Scottish Reserve Forces Associations first but if you come up with any other suggestions they will be welcome.

Regards

Tonym