The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Royal Engineers Signals Coys

andyspiller

Pals

I have located a small notebook that my grandfather had with him during the war. In it he lists his brother's address as L Coy, RE Signals A.P.O. S1, BEF.

Can anybody shed any light on this unit or location? Up til now all I have known is that this brother was transferred from 1st Bn GG on 31st August 1916 to the RE and then held the rank of Pioneer.

Many thanks

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Pals

Further digging has produced a letter from my great-uncle to my grandfather where he states that he is 9698 L Corps Military Foot Police. He appears to have retained his GG number but transferred to the MFP.

Did the MFP have units attached to things such as Signals units or did they have their own MFP sections.

As I have a copy of his transfer from the GG to the RE - I am now really confused.

Can anyone help.

Regards

Andy

Andy

Your postmark was used by AP0 S1 at Abbeville and was in use there from December 1915 to December 1919.

L Coy , may refer to "L" Corps Signal Coy, part of X1 Corps.

Terry Reeves

Terry

Problem is, is that the MIC goes straight from GG to RE. No mention of the MFP <_< .

The MFP connection was only been found out last weekend with the letter. Is there anybody that may be able to help?

Regards

Andy