The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Free i-books from the Telegraph

Le_Treport

Haven't spotted this anywhere else, but apologies if it is known about...

if you go to telegraph.co.uk/iBooks and you can download the following books (incl at least one by a Pal)...

...and they're FREE! Available until 16th November

Lest we forget: remembrance and commemoration

Trench Talk

The final whistle- the Great War in fifteen players

A bloody picnic

Mud, blood and bullets

Killing time

Also a post ww2 one - Under the queens colours - voices from the forces 1952-2012

Thanks for that - just downloaded the lot - and one of them mentions both Chris Baker and the GWF!

"This content is redeemable only on the iBookstore for the United Kingdom. " :(

Probably got too many books anyway!

Blasphemy!!! :devilgrin:

Very true! I don't know what I was thinking! I had a glass or three of a rather fine wine this afternoon. I'm sure I will find a way to.........

It says "you can download to your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or PC via iTunes".

If you dont have iTunes you can download versions for Windows and Mac for nothing. I presume you can then read them in iTunes... ???

I have them on my iPad in iBooks.

I've downloaded them, but I can't read them on my PC - not even in i-tunes. A bit annoying!

Can anyone help?

Roxy

Just got my daughter to download onto her ipad, now all I have got to do is get it away from her at some point to be able to read them.

Thanks Le Treport

Mandy

Thanks for the tip-off, just dowloaded the lot. Very useful for my next. I had already bought Stephen Coopers Final Whistle for my Dads Xmas prezzie so its nice to have my own copy. Offer runs out tomorrow.

Geraint, if you haven't got an iwhatever, don't kick yourself over it; unlike with Kindle which has free 'Windows' software available to allow its (ie Amazon's & other compatible) ebooks to be read on a PC, Apple have decided - at least as far as I can determine - to be a dog-in-a-manger by requiring that you must have one of its toys to be allowed to read its iBooks :devilgrin:

Edit: NB it appears that the free iTunes download for Windows PCs only allows download of iTunes & iBooks to a PC for them then to be transferred & read or listened to on an iwhatever.

NigelS