The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

SDGW Look ups

steve fuller

I have around 25 look ups to do now, with another batch anticipated within a couple of months. Could I either mail someone a list please, or can someone advise how much the CD (?) costs and where from?

Just to confirm; comparing CWGC to SDGW - SD has born and enlisted entries that CW doesnt have? ANy other extra info SDGW has thats not covered by CWGC?

Cheers Pals

Steve

SDGW has born, residence and enlisted info - but not on all entries (and not for officers)

It also has (sometimes) a former regt and number.

It has a basic classification of KiA, DoW or Died (usually taken as through illness or accident). It also specifies the theatre (can be wrong) but 'France & Flanders' are lumped together.

You can email me your list if you wish.

You can buy the CD from the publishers at

http://www.naval-military-press.com/FMPro?...ameset.htm&-new

The old CWGC registers sometimes give a more detailed cause of death for WW1 which does not appear in the on-line database. I can check those for you.

Steve

I have the CD and would be happy to do look ups for you. I'll be on hols until next Wednesday but could look them up that night and get back to you either by e mail or I'll print them off and mail them to you

You can contact me offline with the list if this works for you

All the best Hambo

I'm also willing to do some look ups if that helps. I should be able to do a few this evening, so perhaps split your list, depending on the size, and I'll knock a few off. Again feel free to contact me off list and I'll get back to you.

Ali

Edited by Ali Hollington

Well, thank you very much everyone! Lovely! Will take Ail's suggestion of OK, and split the list?

Thanks again :D