The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Book cover design for new book?

potty5

Dear forum members, can anybody recommend a book cover design artist to produce the cover for our forthcoming book, commemorating the men who fell from the towns of Crewe and Nantwich during the Great War. We have been compiling the book for the past six years, but have struggled to come up with a suitable cover, or something worthy of the subject. Thanks very much.

have you tried doing yourself although it sounds odd i do all mine in powerpoint. so you have an a5 book, you need you sppine width number of pages and paper density (search spine calculator on google or fast print the resize your powerpoint slide to be 2 times a5 + spine width. Play to you hearts content. generate a barcode from various sites. presto..post-7184-0-93987800-1353792996_thumb.jp

What about inviting Art students from the local sixth form or college to submit proposals as a competition? (Very in keeping with the emphasis on involving young people in 2014.)

Gwyn

Agree, Gwyn's idea is very good. If you are looking for a graphic designer with an interest in WW1 then try Paul Hewitt who has done all of our work for the La Boisselle Study Group. He is first class - http://www.phgw.co.uk/

Hi,,

Try IJ-DESIGN based in Widnes, Cheshire they did the design for my website, "I Don't Want To Be A Sunbeam", I have also used them for cd label design and flyers.

H