The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

15th Scottish Division - 8th Seaforth

hazelclark

Am unable to find any books dealing with the 8th Seaforth. Is anyone aware of any books (other than the "History of the 15th Scottish Division")dealing with the other regiments of the 15th whose involvement in the various actions would be similar to the Seaforth? I know for instance that in 1917, for 3rd Ypres,the 44th Brigade consisted of 8th Gordons, 9th Black Watch and 7th Camerons as well as the 8th Seaforth. " Last Man Standing" deals with the 6th Seaforth who were part of the 51st Highland division and were involved in some of the same actions but am wondering now if there is anything closer.

thanks,

Hazel C

Wauchope's History covers some of the 15th Division battalions, and well worth having in collection.

Mike

Thanks so much Mike. Have saved the first two and will discuss the " Wauchope's History"with Santa in the morning with a view to adding to his list!!

Hazel

G'night!

Hazel, if it's just the 8th Seaforth you are interested in, I think Volume three might suffice, as it covers the 8th-14th battalions.

Mike

Hazel, if it's just the 8th Seaforth you are interested in, I think Volume three might suffice, as it covers the 8th-14th battalions.

Mike

Thanks Mike.