The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Great War - BBC 6 DVD Set

rivergirl

I know this isnt a book, but I've been looking at buying the 6 DVD set. (I can remember watching "World at War" as a teenager, I'm not sure if I ever saw this one.)

My problem is that it appears the DVDs are for the UK/Europe only and I'm wondering If I can buy one for Australia.

Has anyone bought one for Australia.

(I'd love the 7 DVD set, but its out of my price range....)

Cheers

Frances

• Admin

Frances

I have certainly sent BBC DVDs frm here to family in Australia and they worked fine. These days most DVD players are capable of playing multi-region discs. Unless you have a very, very old or very cheap DVD player these should work If you still have the user manual for the player, see what it says (or search for a copy on the internet)

Glen

Hi Frances. Member rjsnape posted this excellent link Click Hope it works in Oz?

Mike

Mike thanks for the great link.

My old computer doesnt do youtube very well, I'll have to try and watch these at work......

I think Australian DVDs/Blu Rays play in the UK and vice versa. I have the Aussie Blu Ray of Beneath Hill 60 and a Aussie D-Day documentary that wasn't released in the UK and both play fine on my players.

I know this isnt a book, but I've been looking at buying the 6 DVD set. (I can remember watching "World at War" as a teenager, I'm not sure if I ever saw this one.)

My problem is that it appears the DVDs are for the UK/Europe only and I'm wondering If I can buy one for Australia.

Has anyone bought one for Australia.

(I'd love the 7 DVD set, but its out of my price range....)

Cheers

Frances

See the following link:

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=188112&hl=

Will

Mike thanks for the great link.

My old computer doesnt do youtube very well, I'll have to try and watch these at work......

See this link....

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=188112&hl=

Will

Belive it or not , You can usally convert a dvd player to be region free by just a couble of presses of certain buttons on your remote, Google it , I did it and it worked, happy days,

Thanks guys for all the links and advice.

I have decided to update my internet, then run the youtube clips of the show through my TV and try that.

If that isnt successful then I can order the disc set and reset the region if it is needed.

Agh57, I hope you enjoyed Benath Hill 60. My grt grandfather was a tunneller, but in the (Aust) 2nd tunneling company, so not at Hill 60.

In the mean time Ive bought myself the wonderful books "Lost Diggers" and "Hell"s Bells and Madamesoilles" for Xmas..

Cheers

Frances