The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Roger H

• Admin

As I suspect I might have been one of those saying good things, I do hope you enjoy it. I think it's a reat book.

A quick search confirms that you are correct - on both counts. About 1/3 of the way through and it is very, very good. Thank you.

My pleasure.

Hello SPOF,

Yes it is the Alexander Barrie one. Thanks for the heads up will look forward to reading it. The alternative reading you mention is a good read. Strangley on the same theme as your alternative reading,I am interested in Bomber Command and received "OPS" Victory At All Costs and Tail-End Charlies.

Mark.

The CDs of The Remains of Company D by James Carl Nelson (13 hrs), A Savage War of Peace, Algeria 1954-1962 by Alistair Horne, from my Son Whack -A- Zombie " You Can't Keep A Good Zombie Down"

Happy New Year

Sopworth Camel has been built. Ok made of Lego but education for myself. It is bloody huge, dominates the coffee table. Pics to follow, need to read the secret history of 1914. prelude to the great war.

Nothing in the way of Great War books for me this Christmas, but I have such a huge backlog, including the one Steve Marsdin's launched into and, I hope, the second part of "The Other Side of the Wire" on order, that it will keep me going until my birthday in February.

Enjoy your pressies, people.

cheers Martin B