The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Pte Lasford King

jimmyjames

12249, Pte Lasford King, 7th Battalion Gloucestershire Regiment, died of unspecified causes on 13th July 1917, aged 29. His battalion were serving in Mesopotamia at the time and SDGW records that he died in Mesopotamia.

His commemoration in the DoHR states that he is buried in the Bolarum Cavalry Barracks Cemetery, India and he is also listed on the Madras 1914-1918 War Memorial.

I am trying to think of a scenario that detaches Pte King from his battalion serving in Mesopotamia to a duty in India, where he died.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Jimmy

JIMMY

I am very sorry to show my ignorance,but what does DoHR stand for? I am almost sure that Lasford King is not one of my boys.I have looked.But since he is a Gloucester ,he might be.

Might I suggest that he was wounded and transported to India for treatment,but unfortunatly died there.

Cheers.

JOHN. :D

Hi John

The DoHR is the Debt of Honour Register at the CWGC though I'm not sure if this is the "official" abbreviation!

Lasford King was'nt a Bristolian - he was from Cambridgeshire and enlisted in Cheltenham.

The medical evacuation scenario is most probable. With the advent of obtaining Death Certificates for Overseas Deaths through 1837.com I can at least get a cause of death.

Best regards

Jimmy