The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Lost Diggers

Beselare

I was with Johan Vandewalle at the Anzac Rest at Polygon Wood today and he proudly showed me a copy of the Lost Diggers by Ross Coulthart (Harper Collins) which had been presented to him recently by an group of Australian visitors. It is a superb book and covers the Australian photos amongst the 4,000 glass photographic plates found in a French barn. I checked on Amazon and it is not available. The internet shows that it is available in Australia only. Does anyone have a clue when it might be available in Europe?

Bob

Will put the ISBN though the book databases at work to see if any one does have it.

joe

Yes it is a superb book. Monumental in aspect and coverage, the photos are both beautiful and haunting. Personally, I feel privileged having easy access to purchase and hope that others may do so as well.

Jonathan

Thanks for all the information. I have some visitors coming from Australia soon so it looks like the best (and cheapest) option is to ask them to bring a copy.

Bob

• 4 months later...

My copy arrived yesterday.... a big book packed to the gunnels with brilliant photographs. I am looking forward to reading it sometime this autumn.

Andrew

7 Lost Diggers books left at Amazon Uk

I looked yesterday and there were 6 and decided to wait until I came back from a week away. This morning down to 4. Will order - I think the price seems really good

Judy

Just seen 'more on the way' - panic over!

Edited by judy7007

make that 3 brought mine 5 minutes ago :)

wow it arrived yesterday the heaviest book i've ever held it's huge really looking forward to reading it.

Seems too good to miss.......just ordered my copy.

TT