The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

World War One For Dummies

Blincodave

I am reliably informed that this has been commissioned as part of the 'Dummies' series by sources close to the author. Not much value, of course, to GWF members!

Er, I think that means you are the author!

Roger

Thanks Dave. The Dummies series has expanded well-beyond its original brief of helping folk like me get their heads around pc programs. Keep us posted.

Er, I think that means you are the author!

Roger

Regrettably, I am not the author. I will update when I have more details.

Many aeons ago "I'm sorry I'll read that again" did a one minute oral history of WW1 and WW2 - did the job for dummies very well.

Is that the qualification for the Birmingham University course Cent? :rolleyes:

I am reliably informed that this has been commissioned as part of the 'Dummies' series by sources close to the author. Not much value, of course, to GWF members!

Don't know 'bout that. i knew less than nothing when i joined and it is a place to start. i am now re reading many of the books suggested by forum members at the beginning and have "outgrown" others.

Hazel

Don't know 'bout that. i knew less than nothing when i joined and it is a place to start. i am now re reading many of the books suggested by forum members at the beginning and have "outgrown" others.

Hazel

A fair point Hazel and I'm sure the author will make a very good job of it.

Interesting. I assume the new one is being written specifically for the 1914 commemoration but shall try to find out more. Certainly the contents pages for the French edition suggest a more Franco-centric focus. Mind you Peter Hart insisted at the GWF conference on Saturday that we have all ignored France for too long!

just say one thing: help !!!!