The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Family at War

susan kitchen

Not a new book but it may slipped someones net. FAMILY AT WAR. THE FOLJAMBE FAMILY AND THE GREAT WAR. By Jolyon Jackson

Published 2010 .

The Foljambe family is described as an upper middle class family. The book details the role most of the family played in the War. Archive and family photo's plus letters makes this a charming book. Probably not the right word for a book that also tells of sadness and loss. Reminds me a bit of Marjories War, which most of us bought when it first appeared. I found my copy in, of all places a garden centre but i believe you can get it on Amazon.

Not a new book but it may slipped someones net. FAMILY AT WAR. THE FOLJAMBE FAMILY AND THE GREAT WAR. By Jolyon Jackson

Published 2010 .

The Foljambe family is described as an upper middle class family. The book details the role most of the family played in the War. Archive and family photo's plus letters makes this a charming book. Probably not the right word for a book that also tells of sadness and loss. Reminds me a bit of Marjories War, which most of us bought when it first appeared. I found my copy in, of all places a garden centre but i believe you can get it on Amazon.

Susan,

Many thanks for the 'heads up' on this book, I shall be purchasing a copy shortly as I am researching one member of the family who was killed during WW1.

Cheers,

Robert