The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Off Mint Bargains

Skipman

Yes, I found one real bargain, and a second cheaper item that I sort of fancied. ordered both, and now return home to find the main item was a single copy, had gone, so I have that item's cost refunded, and am now paying the postage for an item that was of more marginal interest, and only cost a couple of quid. c'est la vie. I wish their system worked in real time as I wouldn't have bothered.

Keith

I tried to snap up a real bargain when this was first posted (thanks Mike), put the book in my basket, then went forward only to have an empty basket. Tried again a few times only to have the book that appeared above the book I wanted, that I didn't want, keep appearing in my basket - if you follow!. I hope someone managed to grab a bargain

I recall this event as of last year - if you want a bargain, or anything displayed, you need to be there when the notification is made, within minutes. Hours later and you are only going to be disappointed. Erm, not much use in This Year Of Our Lord 2013 but come 2014 the field is yours!

I lost out on an order placed within the first hour, so Rob is clearly spot on.

Keith