The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Of Those We loved - I L "Dick" Read

Ellis1918

Took this on holiday end of May A detailed account of 110th Brigade Leics regiments ( 6th 7th 8th &9th battns) Great detail and drawings Was out of print and only available on E bay at £2-300 but now available on Amazon at £16

Also read "39 months with the Tigers " Capt D V Kelly First published in 1930 and apparently written from memory

"Of Those We Loved" is a must Read book. Possibly the best autobiographical account I have ever read

Took this on holiday end of May A detailed account of 110th Brigade Leics regiments ( 6th 7th 8th &9th battns) Great detail and drawings Was out of print and only available on E bay at £2-300 but now available on Amazon at £16

Actually it's still around in the original beautifully produced first edition, brand new and at less than the original cover price. Only a few left, though.

http://1914-1918.inv...opic=190563&hl=

A must read indeed.

One of my favourite books.

And one that I've re-read more than any other, along with 'Time to leave the ploughshares'

I would recommend to all.

Ian.

Fully agree with Ian re re-reads . One of my favourite books .

Fully agree with the above comments,

I got this book on 1st publication - 1994 - my 1st edition cost the princely sum of £20.00 from my local Smiths (back when they were a book shop) - its one of my all time favourite WW1 book's and the illustrations are first rate.

This is a must have title.

Paul