The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Kindle bargains

paulgranger

The Kindle doesn't necessarily lend itself to non-fiction books, but the following are available at Amazon for measly prices for those with an interest

The Steel of the DLI, John Sheen, £0.61

Tyneside Irish, John Sheen, £0.61

Carmarthen Pals, Steven John, £0.99

The Somme 1916 (Salford Pals) £0.61

Some of pen & Sword's Battleground series are also going for a song, but mostly WW2 subjects

That's really good to know, although I don't have a Kindle, there is a Kindle app for the iPad so they are of use to a wide range of users. I shall, point my husband in the direction of said books.

Many thanks!

Great stuff, will do nicely on my iPad

Terry

Excellent, downloaded the above and a few more ....

Got a bit carried away but they're on Kim's credit card.

Hurray !!

Will be getting these I think, there are a few ww 1 books now on kindle all at decent prices ! Cheers.

Thanks for the posting, Have downloaded 6 books to my Kindle for the grand sum of £6.42 superb value.

Have to have a word with Steve (John) who I work with and tell him all of his research is now worth 99p :whistle:

Just downloaded the above books and couple more.

Terry

There are little gems to be found on other sites, I now have about 40, on my iPad that I still have to read, no doubt there are many more out there, and for free.

Terry.

Thanks for the posting, Have downloaded 6 books to my Kindle for the grand sum of £6.42 superb value.

Have to have a word with Steve (John) who I work with and tell him all of his research is now worth 99p whistle.png

You are evil sometimes Davey Boy, but it's nice to hear you've spent some money at long last! x