The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Strategicus

centurion

I've just picked up for the princely sum of £3 a rather fat book titled a Short History of the Great War by H C O'Neill. Published in 1920. Can anyone tell me if this is the same H.C O'Neill who was the Spectator's War Correspondent under the by line of Strategicus and who wrote A Short History of the Second World War? There appear to have been at least two writers with this name (father and son?)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just picked up for the princely sum of £3 a rather fat book titled a Short History of the Great War by H C O'Neill. Published in 1920. Can anyone tell me if this is the same H.C O'Neill who was the Spectator's War Correspondent under the by line of Strategicus and who wrote A Short History of the Second World War? There appear to have been at least two writers with this name (father and son?)

mw102368.jpg
I think there was just one Herbert Charles O'Neill who was very prolific and did not die until the 1950s. The above photo is in the National Portrait Gallery where he is listed as an editor and journalist and was clearly a figure of some importance
David