The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Long Carry

Guest PhilipN

Hello everyone, this is my first post to the forum.

I have joined because I want to find some information about my two grandfathers - who both served and survived, although my paternal grandfather did die in the 1920s apparently from his WWI injuries.

However, I haven't got all the information I need at the moment about them in order for it to be reasonable to expect anyone to be able to help me, so my question today relates to something else.

I have had a copy of the above book for quite some time, written by Frank Dunham, and a fascinating read it is. I see that on Amazon they sell for a great deal of money, but these appear to be new hardback books. My copy is a paperback and has a plain blue cover that lacks even the title on it. My question is, are these paperback copies quite common and therefore of little value?

As far as I'm aware the book was never published in paperback so I suspect you may have a proof copy. These were usually produced in small numbers for the author and others to check the book for errors prior to full publication. I doubt it would command a higher price than the hardback published in 1970 for which £30 would be a reasonable price.

i have it in hardback an excellent read ramc true unsung heroes of ww1

Biff :thumbsup: