The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Serial Numbers....

eviltaxman

I've got several (understatement!) singles & pairs to men in the RA, RE & ASC but I can't pin them down to a regiment/battalion etc.

Is there anyone out there that has a "list" of serial numbers relating to each or any of the above? I'm getting bored and with winter coming on I thought it would be high-time to get some new research going. Unfortunately most of my men (!) - Turner - seemed to be in these particular units and therefore harder to track down.

I've checked around the mother site, but this has info relating to the units.... which will be very helpful after I've ascertained where the men were. (If you get my drift?)

Cheers in advance,

Les.

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Les,

Yes for territorial units which covers the RA & RE. ASC a little different. Unlike other units there doesn't seem to be blocks of numbers that relate to a specific unit, with the exception of some 1914 star winners.

Ian

Ian,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't suppose, by any remote chance, you've got a copy of the list to TF men? If you have, I'm happy to pay for any copying/postage costs.

If not, I assume it means a trip to Kew?

Cheers,

Les.