The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Battlefields of the First World War

paulgranger

The Book People are currently offering the revised edition of the book, with seperate DVD containing extras, for £16 plus postage. It is/was £60 new, and is currently on Amazon for just under £35, so £16 is a steal.

Thanks Paul, I have ordered a copy. Free postage until midnight today using promotional code EXTRA.

Mandy

Here here! Thanks Paul - I have worked very hard all week, and think that I deserve a present: a huge book for just £16 (including postage) is just the thing, so I have just ordered myself one..... :whistle:

William

Thanks for the post Paul. As you say, a steal

David

Paul, thanks, just ordered a copy. If you enter 'special' at checkout postage is free. Looking forward to reading.

Mike.

That is just a crazy price for such an interesting volume. I must have paid much more for mine.

Keith

Superb value especially with the free postage. Thanks for the heads up.

Damme, I missed the code for free postage! Never mind, it's still a bargain

Yes, I missed the code as well. Never mind, still unbelievable value!

Roger

Thanks for the heads up. More shelf creak!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say the book arrived at the weekend. What a superb book it is - I don't know how I missed it when it when it first came out. The pictures & maps are some of the best I've seen & an absorbing text to accompany them. Haven't even looked at the DVD yet. And all this for £16. Amazing. Thanks Paul for pointing it out.

I got my copy last week, and it's well worth the upgrade - I had the first edition with the maps on CDs - and goes well with Peter's other three panoramic offerings. He has a book on Fromelles due later in the year that I have my eye on.

I got my copy last week, and it's well worth the upgrade - I had the first edition with the maps on CDs - and goes well with Peter's other three panoramic offerings. He has a book on Fromelles due later in the year that I have my eye on.

It's so good Paul had to say it twice! Only flicked through my copy, but I can see it is excellent

Roger

D'you know, I'm going to leave that double post as it is, 'cause Roger's right ^_^