The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Tanks in the Great War 1914-18 JFC Fuller

NigelS

Tanks in the Great War 1914-1918 - Brevet-Colonel JFC Fuller, DSO (1920) can be downloaded in various formats from various sites, but all seem to originate from a scanned version in Cornell University Library because all, including the scan of the original (Internet Archive https://archive.org/details/cu31924027835168), seem to have page 110 missing.

ie The bottom of page 109 reads:

....Each battalion had two spare tanks and 6 supply tanks. The

there is then a full page map on the next page (un-numbered, as are similar maps elsewhere in the book) 'Battle of Messines'

with the next numbered page, 111, starting:

and 40 minutes, having engaged an enemy's machine-gun on the way...

which clearly doesn't scan. It's possible that the original book scanned might have had page 110 missing, but more likely that the paged got missed during scanning; either way, all of the transcribed versions - least that I've looked at - read the same (at least one even giving....Each battalion had two spare tanks and 6 supply tanks. The and 40 minutes, having engaged an enemy's machine-gun on the way... :( )

Assuming that it does exist, would anyone having a copy of either the original, or, provided they don't suffer the same problem, a reprint, be able to provide an image (or transcript) of the illusive page 110?

NigelS

Nigel

Same problem in this transcript. http://www.allworldwars.com/Tanks-in-the-Great-War-1914-1918-by-John-Fuller.html I am still in the office and won't be home for a couple of hours but if you haven't had an answer by then I iwll have a look in my hard copy original.