The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

'Gallipoli to Tripoli': 10th LHR, AIF by Ian Gill and Neville

Bryn

Nevile Browning and Ian Gill have published a new book on the 10th Light Horse Regiment of the AIF, Gallipoli to Tripoli. I came across this review which is very positive, and hope to get hold of a copy myself soon.

gallipoli_to_tripoli_review.pdf

Thanks Bryn

I had only seen AWM review. It is now out in cardcover but still a bit pricey. That was publisher call not ours. I hear you will be in Gallipoli soon. Hope to finally meet you, perhaps over an Efes?

Cheers

Ian

You're well informed, Gilly! I'm about 90 minutes north of Eceabat right now, along with my wife and daughter, using the wireless access aboard the bus. Look forward to catching up with you and my old friend Mr Efes. That review was from an army publication by the way - I'll have to check details when I unpack.

Lucky you! I get into Eceabat in arvo of 30 April, pick up a car and to Eric Goosens for 3 nights, followed by 6 or 7 at Crowded House. Maybe one night at a pension on V Beach to get a decent look at what the Brits were up against in the landings at V and W beaches. Beautiful down there also.

I am bringing a few copies of the book for people I owe, only cardcover though, but you might be able to see it at least, if of course you are still around? As I said once before, a great doorstop or close quarter weapon for home intruders should the need arise, as quite heavy. Hardcover more lethal of course.

PM me if you wish to catch up if still there. I hope to see Bill Sellars as I hear he is suffering a vegemite drought.

Cheers

Gilly