The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Battleground Europe

berty199

Hi

Is anybody aware of any new WW1 BE books in the pipeline?

Thanks

Martin

Yes. Three guidebooks to Ypres 1914 by Nigel Cave and me. This first, Langemarck is with the printers, Messines will follow in a few weeks' time then, later in the summer, Menin Road will be published. Obtain all three and you will have everything you want to know about First Ypres at your fingertips. :closedeyes:

Jack

Many thanks Jack, I'll add them to my 'wishlist!'

Regards

Martin

Jack

I've got your Messines volume on pre-order, pending a visit there at Halloween this year (ex London Scot, 100th anniversary) Is your book a revised version of the original BE Messines issue, or more or less a new book?

Paul

It and the other two are entirely new and, like our Le Cateau and Battle for Vimy Ridge titles, it is written from both the Allied and the German perspective.

Jack

Yes. Three guidebooks to Ypres 1914 by Nigel Cave and me. This first, Langemarck is with the printers, Messines will follow in a few weeks' time then, later in the summer, Menin Road will be published. Obtain all three and you will have everything you want to know about First Ypres at your fingertips. :closedeyes:

Jack

I have these on order, at the moment I am reading the new battleground ypres by stephen McCreal sorry jack not one of yours or nigels

Biff

oops a daisy sorry Jack I forgot to put the title silly billy me :w00t: yes Boesinghe it is, ,I have been looking and haven't found yet anything about the small welsh cemetery is it called the popes nose the other side of the yser near the yorkshire trench

Biff.

Biff

That is Caesar's Nose, not Pope's Nose

Roger

Many thanks for your response Keith

Regards

Martin

Jack

I have just added them to my wish list as well !

khaki

Paul

It and the other two are entirely new and, like our Le Cateau and Battle for Vimy Ridge titles, it is written from both the Allied and the German perspective.

Jack

Jack

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to the book

Biff

That is Caesar's Nose, not Pope's Nose

Roger

thanks for the correct information Roger,surprising how easy it is to find ONCE I have the correct name,Jack we should get some commission for telling gwf about these new releases :whistle:

Biff :thumbsup:

You would not get fat on the proceeds, Biff, especially bearing in mind that it has taken us two years of solid work to produce them.

Jack

Just pre-ordered the Ypres 1914 books along with Jerry Murland's 'Retreat of I Corps' Battleground book due out in a couple of months. I got a little bit carried away and added the other 1914 Battleground books to my order. I had them before while at uni but had to sell for beer money...

Just pre-ordered the Ypres 1914 books along with Jerry Murland's 'Retreat of I Corps' Battleground book due out in a couple of months. I got a little bit carried away and added the other 1914 Battleground books to my order. I had them before while at uni but had to sell for beer money...

I am surprised (if you are talking about, eg Mons) that you got enough for a pint!