The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

harry patch signed book

Peter furness

I have a harry patch book signed by harry patch. I am thinking about selling - the book is in mint condition and has not been read.l. I have had it for a number of years and sat in the cupboard and thought someone else would it enjoy it more. Just curious as to what people think this may be worth?

Which book is it? There are several (The Last Veteran, The Last Fighting Tommy.....). If it was me, I would hold on to it. Quite a treasure.

its the last fighting tommy

would like to keep it but want to increase my collection of military items.

The book itself is fairly inexpensive, however a signed book (ideally with provenance) will clearly be worth more. One sold in February on a well-known auction site for £42.

Well advertised on the internet, it will certainly find a market. If you use a well-known auction site be careful not to start too low... two competing bidders might not show.

I wouldn't take the risk, there are more than a couple of books signed by Harry Patch and I saw one go for 18 quid not so long ago.

There's a 4th impression of 'Last Fighting Tommy' on ABE which has an envelope with Patch's signature on slipped inside for £175. If I were you I'd keep it until 2018 by which time I wouldn't be surprised if it made at least £250.

I have the 1st signed last fighting Tommy signed by harry patch-henry allingham and richard van emden,,its not for sale,will keep it and give it to my grandson.

Peter have you looked with a magnifying glass into h patches eyes on the cover ?

Biff :thumbsup::poppy:

As we well know what sellers are asking for on ABE isn't what they are getting or it would have sold.

have you looked with a magnifying glass into h patches eyes on the cover ?

Ah go on, let us in on the secret.....

As we well know what sellers are asking for on ABE isn't what they are getting or it would have sold.

Very true but I can't imagine he signed many copies at his age and he'll always be unique as the last one. Probably a safer investment in the long run than Royal Mail shares!

Ah go on, let us in on the secret.....

will pm you off post so the cat will mnot be outta the bag