The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Frank Richards 'Old Soldiers Never Die' dust jacket

Dust Jacket Collector

I doubt anyone could make a passable facsimile from my site - it's usually only the front cover & I try to keep the resolution low to allow the pages to load more quickly. I only collect the OH as a sideline hence my acceptance of ex. Library, but I agree I'd rather they weren't. A few are in jackets, merely by chance, & they're all plain except Gallipoli Vol.2 which has a photo on it. I think it's the only one that has. The jackets are also useful with other Great War books in that they often give details of the author which aren't mentioned inside.

I bought a copy of British Orders, Decorations and Medals last week, was about 3 quid but the previous owner had obviously thought a lot of it because the DJ must have fallen apart, he has stuck it to the inside cover.

My interest in WW2 is specifically books on Bomber Command but I think I will certainly keep an eye open for others now.

As an aside, I read your little biography and work with cancer research, I thought you might smile at where I picked up the copy of A Hospital Letter-Writer in France.

post-11859-0-70177800-1399551511_thumb.j

Excellent - it all goes towards my pension.

I doubt anyone could make a passable facsimile from my site - it's usually only the front cover & I try to keep the resolution low to allow the pages to load more quickly. I only collect the OH as a sideline hence my acceptance of ex. Library, but I agree I'd rather they weren't. A few are in jackets, merely by chance, & they're all plain except Gallipoli Vol.2 which has a photo on it. I think it's the only one that has. The jackets are also useful with other Great War books in that they often give details of the author which aren't mentioned inside.

Admirable, I will do a few clicks with my Nexus 7 if that is acceptable.

Admirable, I will do a few clicks with my Nexus 7 if that is acceptable.

Perfectly acceptable (if I knew what a Nexus 7 was?)

Congratulations on becoming a Major. I fear the higher ranks may be beyond us.

Thanks DJC and to you as well, I hadn't noticed. I have the same rank as my avatar now , though my flying and stalking lone 'Hun' aircraft skills leave a lot to be desired.'

Don't make an attempt to turn and land

:w00t: , or in my case... take off !