The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

ACI 2414/16

Promenade

Hello,

I was researching a TF soldier of the Liverpool Regt (No 240625/2281 - enlisted 2/9/14) and discovered that, in Feb 1917, he had been allotted new No 260017 under ACI 2414/16. Can someone with the ACIs check this for me please as I am intrigued!

Tks

Promenade

ACI 2414/16

Joe, Its one of the ACIs dealing with the TF renumbering, in this case the one dealing with the infantry, dated December 1916.

I dont understand why if he already had a 6 digit number he needed to be awarded another. Was he being transferred from the 1/5th or 2/5th to the 1/6th battalion? I was under the impression that where men were transferred between units of the same corps they did not need to be renumbered, but there must have been local exceptions where the rules were interpreted differently.

regards

Charles

Charles,

Tks for replying. He was serving with 1/6 KLR and stayed with that Bn after he was renumbered ie from 240625 to 260017! Like you I do not understand why he was renumbered and thought that the answer may lie in the ACI. Another one of the inconsitencies of WW1 numbering?

Regards

Joe