The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Irish Regiments

Guest orange

Anybody no where i can obtain the following records place of burial or commermoration of those member's of the following Btn's 1st & 2nd Royal Irish Rifle's, Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers, Royal Irish Fusiliers and before anybody tell me to contact the CWGC have already tried that avenue and it is a no go area because of certain restictions also where could i obtain a soldiers died in the great war Cd Rom and and at what cost

Many Thanks

Orange

Guest 2contemptable

Hello,

There are several books available on both regiments including one by (I think) Sir Frank Fox on the Skins and a small book called Picnic in Purgatory on the Faughs by a chap named Maguire. There is a new book out called Angels and Heroes about the Faughs 1st Batt. which has a well documented list of casualties at the back. This is available from the RIF Museum at Armagh. Henry Harris's book The Royal Irish Fusiliers also provides an account of the regiment during the war.

For the Inniskillings see W.J. Canning's Ballyshannon, Bbelcoo, Bertincourt for a history of the 11th Inniskillings.

The SDGW CD, will cost @ £260 and is available from Naval and Military Press you can find their website on the net. Or you could purchase a second hand copy of the actual books for the regts you are interested in eg Part 67 refers to the Royal Irish Rifles, and Part 68 refers to the Royal Irish Fusiliers.

I hope this is some help.