The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Make sure you get the right Winston

centurion

Decided I needed my own copy of Churchill's history of WW1 so I put Churchill and crisis into the ABE search engine and got offered The Crisis by Winston Churchill at what seemed a very reasonable price, however before clicking to order I noticed that it said "1916" edition. It seems that there was an American novelist called Winston Churchill who wrote a novel called The Crisis. Now bought The World Crisis by Winston S Churchill

Have a look in "My Early Life" and you will find a highly amusing exchange of letters between Winston Churchill and Winston Spencer Churchill about how to distinguish each other.

They decided that the British Churchill would be Winston (or W) S Churchill and the other just Winston Churchill.

Have a look in "My Early Life" and you will find a highly amusing exchange of letters between Winston Churchill and Winston Spencer Churchill about how to distinguish each other.

They decided that the British Churchill would be Winston (or W) S Churchill and the other just Winston Churchill.

I'd actually read the book at school but that was so far in the past that I've failed to retain any memory of that bit, funnily enough I tend to retain books I didn't read at school much better. Read book, do class work, take exam - dump memory of book onto exam paper, pass exam and fill memory with new book!