The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Crowdfunding for book that did not reach goal...

Ken S.

She might have done better not to have unnecessarily emphasised the 'Jewish' bit. The spiel states: "German Jews were recruited to fight in the German army..." and I don't see the relevance of this in a WW1 context.

If the letters were from a Christian officer, would the spiel have read "German Christians were recruited to fight in the German army..."?

I thought not.

Makes me suspicious that she may have an agenda somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

She might have done better not to have unnecessarily emphasised the 'Jewish' bit. The spiel states: "German Jews were recruited to fight in the German army..." and I don't see the relevance of this in a WW1 context.

If the letters were from a Christian officer, would the spiel have read "German Christians were recruited to fight in the German army..."?

I thought not.

Makes me suspicious that she may have an agenda somewhere...

Without having an agenda or as Mel Gibson sad "a dog in this fight", I would be very interested in reading the letters of a Jewish officer. His experiance was probably very different than a regular German Christian as Jews were treated differently in the German Army in 14-18.

Do you get a free copy of the published book if you donate on these sites?

The concept as I read in the OP link is that these are committed pre-sales to warrant publishing the book.

Ridiculous if one looks at the myriad publishing options available.