The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

My Book

andalucia

Good luck with your book! I just had my book published on my Grandfather's German Regiment, Imperial Germany's "Iron Regiment;" of the First World War; War Memories of Service with Infantry Regiment 169. (Badgley Publishing) I know it is a long process to finally get it into print and wish you all the best. Regards, John Rieth

Good luck with the book!

It's out on December 19th over here in the US, just in time for me to get as a Christmas gift from my daughter. :thumbsup:

Thank you Kopite.

I saw it as the 19th in the USA. Hope it is so you can get it.

The publishers have asked me to do a second book. This one will be WW2 as seen through the eyes of Merseyside children. So if anyone has a relative or other story, I am eager to hear.

• 4 weeks later...

Publishers have informed me that the printers have made two mistakes to the book. They cannot be changed. If a second edition is printed they will be..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ So if you read it you will notice one guy who left on a ship and arrived 5 days before he left!!! He must have had a tardis.. Also joining him for time travel is a guy born in 1986, but managing to fight in a war that started 70 years earlier... I feel as if the book is ruined by this. Just warning people before they buy it.

All was correct when I went through the returned proof read. Gutted about this. Feel like the book is a waste of time now. And worried in case more errors are in it.

Anthony, It is ok. I am sure folks will know in the first instance a keyboard numerical entry error occurred. Similar for the the second case that presumably 1886 is meant for 1986.

Know how you feel mate , you have my utmost sympathy , mine has an error in it caused by the publisher , bloody annoying to say the least. Keep your chin up. Ralph.

Hi Anthony. Your book sounds great and don't beat yourself up about it. What seems like a glaring error to you will be not even noticed by 99% of your readers. You took on a big task in getting this into print and readers will appreciate your contributing to greater WW I literature. All the best and good luck! John Rieth

Hi Ant,

I just pre ordered my copy here in the US. As noted above, Amazon have the release date as the 19th. Hope it comes soon - need something to distract me from the footy these days!

Hope all is well with you and yours, congrats again.

Chris

I have read the whole book. It is a so well researched and shows Anthony's devotion with each and every sentence. Yes the mentioned mistakes - but they are totally neglectable as they are clear for the reader to be printing errors. Although the subject is so serious and many Merseyside-Liverpool men died - the book is so rich in sensitive details and written as if it is a "declaration of love and remembrance" to the men that perished and gave their lifes - a true homage for the M.& L. men! Well done Ant!!!!!

P.S. Can you please change the thread title to:

MY FIRST BOOK :thumbsup:

Thank you all.

Chris the 19th is the wrong date.The publishers have informed Amazon who have yet to change it. Release date is 28th January. We are all good mate, hope you and yours are good.

Egbert.. Your words are very kind. Thank you my friend. I hope the book can live up to your great build up.

Typos are a fact of life. A few will always slip through even a good proof reader. Yours is a great achievement and good luck with sales.

Carole

• 3 weeks later...

The book is released on 15th January. Advert still says 23 days to go, but it is the 15th for sure, been talking with the publishers.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/anthony+hogan/merseyside+at+war/10702257/

Any idea when it will be released in the States? Amazon US has it as being temporarily out of stock, but doesn't give a release date.

Any idea when it will be released in the States? Amazon US has it as being temporarily out of stock, but doesn't give a release date.

I think Ant said the 28th of Jan.

I went ahead and pre-ordered mine so now I'm just sitting back to wait.

Cheers

Chris

Reply from publishers

" US readers should be able to buy on 15th Jan as well, but we can’t say exactly when they will receive their copies. "

Reply from publishers

" US readers should be able to buy on 15th Jan as well, but we can’t say exactly when they will receive their copies. "

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to reading the book.

They say it could take up to 2 months to get to the USA. But I am sure it will be faster with Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

Having read and commented the book as an electronic "artist proof" already last year, my signed book arrived today. It is indeed much better than an electronic version- this is the real thing! Thanks Ant!

I just got a note from Amazon US re my pre order saying they had been unable to find this book and did I still want it? All I had to do was click yes to make sure my preorder was continued. I assume this was probably something kicked out by the automated system.

Checking today on Amazon US it shows "Temporarily out of stock we will deliver when available"

I could get it on Kindle it seems... which is tempting... but I want the book!

Chris