The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

soldiers

pol o frithil

to all forum members,

can any one explain the details on medal card for me. i have downloaded one a few weeks ago, but this one is different.

the first box says campaign and in it 1914, but above the word campaign it has the number 89,between the word campaign and the year 1914 it has the following it looks like 15147a or 1sk47a. above were is medals are listed is B862. in were the medals are written it has beside the victory B/103 B2 and beside the 1914 star medal it has B4.in a column under his name it has a box called action taken and here is written C468 and directly in the box underneath it has 83/50.in the final box called qualifying date it has the 22-8-14,does this mean when he went to war.can anybody explain all this for me

thank you

pol

Hi There, :)

I'm not an expert at all on MIC's but how they have been explained to me is that all the numbers you are quoting are reference numbers that relate only to medal rolls and where they are located on reference sheets. Nothing to do with Battalions, Service records or anything useful to identify with whom anyone served or where ! As for the date 22-8-14, I do know, that it means that is when he first went to France and gives him his entitlement to The Mons Star. I know this is all a bit loose but hope it helps a little.

Cheers

Tim.

Guest deepathart

Pol

B862 is possibly the page number of the Medal Register - I've been typing some of these and at the top there is a page number similar.

Regards

Dee