The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Stand To! late?

Muerrisch

Please has anyone seen the edition after September 2014?

My impression is that editions are getting later and later.

The last I have received was September 2014.

R.

Missing "Stand Too", some one must be Court Martialed and shot for this :hypocrite:

Don't you know there is a war(anniversary) on!

It is small things like this are stopping me from parting my money to the WFA. It all adds up to the bigger picture. Once again if they use the volunteer angle I will once point them to the Cycling Time Trials(CTT) on how to run everything on a shoestring and function with out expensive staff.

ST! is not really produced on a voluntary basis any more. For some years now the editor has been a paid function, as has the editor of the Bulletin and the producer of the WFA's website. Production is, of course, done on a commercial basis by a printing company.

Yes, I don't want to be unfair to the editor or staff ......... apart from anything else my occasional offerings are printed.

And again, it is supposed to be published 3 times a year, and September/October/November/December/January could still be within trades descriptions so long as it is circulated within the next 8 days or so.

My copy arrived this morning with news of an event in my old college at which Gary Sheffield will be speaking. One more date in the diary.

Keith

My copy arrived this morning with news of an event in my old college at which Gary Sheffield will be speaking. One more date in the diary.

Keith

Your post must arrive early by today's standards.

R.

Mine has arrived and I am delighted to see a review of my book by David Filsell and wish to thank him very much indeed for taking the trouble to read and review my doorstep of a book.

Carole

Snap

Those cunning types planning the event have snaffled all the guest rooms in BNC. Having checked out hotel prices in Oxford, I'll be parking my caravan at the campsite on the ring road. I was not born in Yorkshire for nothing.

Actually it looks like a pretty good issue - settling down with it later.

Keith

Arrived today.

Bernard