The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

National Army Museum

DirtyDick

I have been asked by someone in South Africa to enquire as to whether any of you researcher-types go to the National Army Museum and undertake commissions for research?

I am waiting to verify whether he means the NAM or really the NA, and what documents he is after, but any indication as to who goes there regularly (or at a coincidentally propitous time in the near future) and would be willing to undertake a paid piece of research in the near future would be most welcome.

Thanks

Richard

Richard.

I'm off there in the next couple of weeks to plod my way through the dreadful Buffs collection. Let me know what they are after and I'll see if I can help

Mick

Guest Pete Wood

If it is the National Army Museum, then you may not need to part with any money.

Depending on your research, you may be able to get your info by telephone, email or post.

I spoke to a curator - a really genuine, helpful lady - who gave me the complete listings (by first class mail) of all the memorial plaques held by the NAM - many of them, to the next of kin of Buffs casualties.....

I too have to go to the NAM at some stage soon, so if I can be of help just let me know.

Thanks for the kind offers and the advice, chaps, very much appreciated.

I'll wait and see what the guy in SA wants and whether it is at the NAM or not.

Cheers

Richard

The NAM is a delightful place ... they also have a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect ... they have a copy of my Thesis on the BA 1714-1746 ... if they have the time they'll do about anything they can!

... if they have the time they'll do about anything they can!

Except send me an application form for a reader's ticket!!!! Must be on my fourth attempt by now. :(