The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

MIDDLESEX REGIMENT

steve140968

Please could anybody give me any pointers,as to where i would be able to find which Batallion of the MIDDLESEX REGIMENT my grandad served with,thankyou?His name was PTE THOMAS SHUREY,and he served with the regiment from 11/08/1915 until 18/03/1918 when he was discharged due to injuries sustained on the battlefield.ANY information would be most welcome,thankyou.

Kind regards

Steve.

His entry in the medal roll for the VM/BWM is your best bet. From experience of the Buffs, the battalion isn't shown on 14/15 star rolls. If there was a Bn going overseas on 11/08/15 you could maybe assume that he was in it, although this isn't cast iron.

The SWB roll will show which Bn he was discharged from but this may be the depot Bn.

Have you looked at the MIC ? This may show his Bn

Mick

Hi Mick,

cheers for the quick reply.I have already accessed my grandads MIC,and it shows very little infomation.However it does give the roll numbers for the VM & BWM as you said,it also gives the roll number for the SWB.Is there anywhere i can access these rolls on-line?Any information would be great,thanks once again.

Steve.