The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

New titles from Helion

Terry_Reeves

Thanks terry. Looks like C*******s and birthdays are sorted for a few years: not just the GW stuff, too. The book on the Sikh armies looks extremely interesting.

The Somme 1870-1871: The Winter Campaign is an interesting read and many of the places are of course familiar.

TR

I've just reviewed "Sabres Rattling in their Scabbards" and "Mud, Blood and Determination". Both are adapted from PhDs so show adroit use of sources. It would be unfair to give opinions as the paying membership I write for see it but some grumbles aside the usual quality Helion product at an accessible price.

I like the look of these:

"A FOOL FOR THY FEAST. THE LIFE AND TIMES OF TUBBY CLAYTON, 1885-1972" ... a character about whom I'd like to learn more!

"A TOUCH OF PARADISE IN HELL. TALBOT HOUSE, POPERINGE - EVERY-MAN'S SANCTUARY FROM THE TRENCHES" ... the story of Talbot House

so they're on my list for Christmas!

I've just reviewed "Sabres Rattling in their Scabbards" and "Mud, Blood and Determination". Both are adapted from PhDs so show adroit use of sources. It would be unfair to give opinions as the paying membership I write for see it but some grumbles aside the usual quality Helion product at an accessible price.

Sabres Rattling arrived on Friday. I haven't had a chance to start reading but it looks to be a good work full of facts and figures.