The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Woolwich

WJBates

To all Woolwich enthusiasts: I am in search of a map of Woolwich, 1859 - 1912 era, for looking up Powis St, Artillery Barracks, 8 Frances St, 28 Jackson St, 52 Lower Wood St, 6 Gildersome St as my family lived at these addresses. I undersatand that the community has changed somewhat, thanks to I think "Racing Teacups" some time ago, Jan 04. Lost my previous files due to computor problem....Anyway, hope someone can help....jack

WJ,

I have lots of family links to woolwich and Plumbstead and would be greatful for some info in the future.

I will look out for a map and share it if I find one.

L.

L: Thank you, look forward to an opportunity to share info and gain a Woolwich map. My family was Artillery as one could imagine for Woolwich. Two generations from Woolwich, service 1857 to 1905 in RHE, and various batteries in New Zealand, Natal and India and the Woolwich Reserve Army. Brief summary to follow up on with interesting supporting documentation. Ooops, just realized this is pre war content.....I am looking for their descendents who served in WW1, just can't find them yet. regards jack

Roop: Thank you for the response, I think the map involved is from 1870, do you think ? jack