The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Other Side of the Wire, Volume 3

Ralph J. Whitehead

I have received a number of inquiries on the status of book 3. It has been taking longer than I expected as there are time constraints, etc. and I have been working diligently to complete it.

After some months I have just put almost all of the separate sections together t check for continuity, duplication, etc. What I did not realize was that from 1916 through the end of the war the book is 930 pages, single spaced and almost 500,000 words. I have yet to add the photos, which will also add to the length. I hope to have the final draft soon, just thought I would pass this along.

Ralph

• 1 year later...

Full volume 3 is in then hands of the publisher and the last volume will be in their hands by December. Both are scheduled for 2017. Now, what is next?

Ralph

Great news Ralph, looking forward to them.

I understood Vo. 3 was to be up to the end of the war, so what is the 'last volume'?

Thanks for the great books.

John

Great News Ralph,

Looking forward to vol 3 -  to add to vols 1 and 2 in my collection.

Best Regards

Paul

The last volume was in excess on 1,000 pages so I was asked to split it. 3 goes through late 1917 and 4 covers the plans for the 1918 offensive to the end of the war and the post-war years.

Ralph

Here is the cover mock up and the description when it was to be a 3 volume set, not the 4 it turned into.

9781911512479.jpg