The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Army Service Corps: allocation of regimental nos.

Guest sally31

Hi,

A few days ago, I posted an enquiry on another part of the forum asking about my grandfather's war service, but had little luck. His details are:

Pte John Crail, M/333643, Army Service Corps

Using the medal cards index & the CWGC websites, I have come across the following war casualty:

Pte Isaac Lloyd, M/333642

Regiment: Royal Army Service Corps

Secondary Regiment: Tank Corps

Secondary Unit Text: attd. 2nd Gun Carrying Corps,

Date of Death: 01/12/1918

Can anybody tell me if there would be a link between these 2 men with consecutive numbers? Would they have joined the corps at the same time, or served in the same units?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sally

It would appear possible,With 6 Figure Numbers They may be Territorial Force ASC Numbers,from the post 1916 Re~ Numbering,which would mean that they originally had Numbers previously that were Close,but not neccasarily Consecutive,just that they were in line of Numbers when New Numbers were issued

It would appear possible,With 6 Figure Numbers They may be Territorial Force ASC Numbers,from the post 1916 Re~ Numbering,which would mean that they originally had Numbers previously that were Close,but not neccasarily Consecutive,just that they were in line of Numbers when New Numbers were issued