The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Auxiliary Force India

Steven Broomfield

A new volume on its way from Turner Donovan:

http://www.turnerdonovan.com/download/TheAuxillaryForceIndia.pdf

Nice to know my C*******s present problem is solved nice and early. Probably an un-missable title for those sort of people who find books like this un-missable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Delivery was delayed: Tom Donovan didn't receive the books until Christmas Eve, so Santa arrived on my doorstep this morning. To be fair, Santa had out-sourced to Parcel Force (why on earth do these people wear shorts in December?), but nonetheless, arrive it has.

At first inspection it looks superb = beautifully produced on glossy paper, in a simple red slip case. Plenty of photographs, maps and tables, and a comprehensive index. Obviously I've not had time to look in any depth, but this is obviously the result of the late author's labour of love. Tragically, he died before the proofs were available, but his (I assume) widow completed the job, and it is a tribute to both of them.

Naturally this has a limited market (I believe Tom said that only 75 copies were produced - I might be wrong), but this is a book which it is a joy to hold, a joy to look at and a joy to own.