The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Memorial Volumes bibliography

Steven Broomfield

Another forthcoming title from Turner Donovan.

http://www.turnerdonovan.com/download/InMemoriam.pdf

Probably not one for me, but of great interest to many, I suspect.

As a collector of such things I've been waiting about four years for this! It's most welcome that Tom is bringing these forgotten, but invaluable, books back into public view.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update to let you know this book has finally been published and arrived today. It's a superb production and well worth investing in. The excellent indexing make it invaluable for those with an interest in particular regiments or colleges. I believe only around 150 copies have been printed so it will likely sell out quickly. A late Christmas present to myself.

I wasn't going to, but ...

I see, from the flyer, that George Cowpe's book is included. As part of my current 6th Cheshires project, I photocopied most of the pages from this at Burnley library. It was very cheap copying. Although not a cheap day - like an idiot, I simply forgot to "pay and display" and got a 30 quid ticket.

Received mine today also, impressive.

Andy

I see, from the flyer, that George Cowpe's book is included. As part of my current 6th Cheshires project, I photocopied most of the pages from this at Burnley library. It was very cheap copying. Although not a cheap day - like an idiot, I simply forgot to "pay and display" and got a 30 quid ticket.

You should have pleaded insanity. We'd have touched for you!

Bernard