The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

"Men Who Played The Game"

The Scorer

This is a new book by Mike Rees of the Gwent Branch of the Western Front Association.

It tells the story of the local sportsmen who gave their lives in the Great War. It's not just rugby, but Newport's own Charlie Pritchard is featured and his photo is on the front cover.

The book will be launched on Saturday 14th November 2015 at the Riverfront Theatre and Arts Centre, Newport, between 2.00pm and 4.00pm. Anyone can attend this, so if you'd like to go along, please do so.

Mike will be speaking about the book at the next meeting of the Gwent Branch of the Western Front Association. This will be held at the Abergavenny Constitutional Club, Park Road, Abergavenny at 7.30pm on Wednesday 25th November 2015. You don't have to be a member of the Western Front Association to be at this meeting, so if you'd like to join me there, please do so!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Presumably Newport (Mon) and not Newport, IoW.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to bring this back to the top, I'd like to remind everyone that the book's author, Mike Rees, will be speaking about the book at the next meeting of the Gwent Branch of the Western Front Association.

The meeting will be held at the Abergavenny Constitutional Club, Park Road, Abergavenny at 7.30pm on Wednesday 25th November 2015. You don't have to be a member of the Western Front Association to be at this meeting, so if you'd like to join me there, please do so!