The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Books on the Grenadier Guards

SirJames

Hello,

So far I have collected the following books about the Grenadier Guards, and I was wondering if anyone else might have some other titles they would be willing to share.

Bowling, A.H. The Foot Guards Regiments: 1880 to 1914. London: Almark Publications Co. Ltd., 1972.

Chappell, Mike. The Guards Divisions 1914-1945. London: Osprey Military Books, 1995.

Cliff, Norman. To Hell and Back with the Guards. Merlin Books Ltd., 1996.

Craster, J.M. Fifteen Rounds a Minute: The Grenadiers at War 1914. London: MacMillan Ltd., 1976.

Fletcher, Ian. Editor. Letters from the Front. Tunbridge Wells: Parapress Ltd., 1993.

Fraser, Gen. Sir David. The Grenadier Guards. London: Osprey Military Books, 1996.

Headlam, Cuthbert D.S.O. History of the Guards Division in the Great War. Volumes 1-2. East Sussex: The Naval & Military Press. Reprint of the 1924 Edition.

Ponsonby, Sir F.E.G. Short History of the Grenadier Guards. Colchester: Benham and Co. Ltd., 1917.

Ponsonby, Sir Fredrick. The Grenadier Guards in the Great War of 1914-1919. Volumes 1-3. London: MacMillan Ltd., 1920.

Whitworth, R.H. The Grenadier Guards (The First or Grenadier Regiment of Foot Guards.) London: Leo Cooper Ltd., 1974.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing back from some of the Guards experts out there. :)

Cheers!

Jim Higginbottom

www.geocities.com/sirjames1750

• 7 years later...

New book just published about 1st Btn Grenadier Guard . Called 'Neat Little Rows' - The Black Country Grenadier. Available on Amazon or Lulu.

Here's a review http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=181754

Thought I'd add that into the mix.

AndyR

• 1 month later...