The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Duties of a staff artillery officer

Yves Le Cuziat, MBE

Hello everybody

Doing a research about a British artillery officer.. I would like to know : in 1917 what were the duties of a Staff lieut for an artillery Division ?

Thanks

Yves

Yves: The Commander, Royal Artillery (CRA) who commanded the Divisional Artillery had an officer who served on his staff that was designated the Brigade Major, who served as the principal staff officer to the CRA and a second staff officer referred to as a Staff Captain who carried out administrative duties but I have not heard of a Staff Lieutenant on the Divisional Artillery Staff. If you can give me the officer's name I will send you whatever I have on him in my RA officer data base. Regards. Dick Flory

G'day Dick

Thanks for your reply. The name of this Staff officer was Lieut L.R. Blake MC (formerly 105th How Battery ) for 2nd Australian Artillery Div .

Regards

Yves

Have you tried the Australian War Memorial web site - they have an online data base you can search for.

If it helps any the 105 Hw Bty was part of 5th Bde which was part of 2 dic (as you mentioned)

Hi

Yes I did it.. my question was just to know the duties of an artillery Staff officers.

Thanks for taking time to help me

Regards

Yves