The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Book: Officer Training Corps: Records of Public School Officers

A gold mine - thanks Martin

Some favourite ex schoolmaster riflemen appear - Southwell, White, Sheepshanks, Prior, to name just a few.

If anyone has come across an equivalent for the OTC Senior Division - i.e. the universities OTCs - please let us all know.

I really meant a RoH for the staff of ALL the various elements of the OTC Senior Division rather than a RoH of the men a particular unit trained and passed to the Front.

On the same lines as your link lists all the staff of the OTC Junior Division across ALL the schools (etc.) with cadet units.

IIRC the Inns of Court OTC work does list the the staff, but clearly just for that unit.

The Artists Rifles RoH is also available on archive.org somewhere, but I'm not at home at the moment (and on a borrowed computer) so I don't have the link handy!

It doesn't list staff and I do not know if it is available online but The O.T.C. Roll: A Roll of Members and Ex-Members of the Officers' Training Corps Gazetted to Commissions in the Army August 1914 to March 1915 lists ~ 25,000 OTC members during the time period mentioned in the title with the OTC they attended and the regiment in which they were commissioned. Very useful if you are looking for schools that officers attended. A sample page is attached.

post-765-0-91495800-1452820458_thumb.jpe

I wonder why all schools with OTCs are not recorded? Perhaps their returns didn't arrive in time for that edition?

Daniel Stewart's College and the Royal High School in Edinburgh both had OTCs pre Great War as did Morrison's Academy (Crieff) and I believe Dollar Academy may have had as well.

I wonder why all schools with OTCs are not recorded? Perhaps their returns didn't arrive in time for that edition?

Daniel Stewart's College and the Royal High School in Edinburgh both had OTCs pre Great War as did Morrison's Academy (Crieff) and I believe Dollar Academy may have had as well.

Ron,

See the Preface on Page v and the note on Page vi ...

post-20192-0-42253600-1452907099_thumb.j

post-20192-0-36102100-1452907105_thumb.j