The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Welsh Yeomanry at War: A History of the 24th (Pembroke and Glamorgan)

Jerry B

Anyone got a copy of this book,

Welsh Yeomanry at War: A History of the 24th (Pembroke and Glamorgan) Battalion the Welsh Regiment by John, Steven

and is it good? If good where can I get a copy please?

Thanks

I notice it was due to be published August last year but on another site it said this January year, so perhaps it is not out yet?

Steve's a forum member, he should know. Pen & Sword site says 29th January

Thanks jay dubaya.

I'll keep an eye out for it when its out.

• 3 weeks later...

I had contact with Steve and the book is due out at the end of March.

• 10 months later...

and on amazon. Already being discounted, which seems a shame.

(Thanks Clive Hughes for pointing me to this post.) It's my book.

Because my publisher had so many works underway following the centenary of the war, Welsh Yeomanry at War is over two years late in publication.

It has been published in Hardback first, in a limited number, as of 12 December 2016, and is at it's full cover price of £19.99 on Amazon. It's cheaper on the P&S website at the moment due to it being on special offer. This year a softback edition will be published, at a slightly cheaper price, so it's best to get a hardback copy now if anyone is interested.

Whoever is trying to sell copies at higher prices on Amazon are just trying it on, presumably trying to take advantage of Pen & Sword's delay in getting the book published. One man had a copy advertised for £350 even before it came out, which was very odd as they hadn't even been printed! The Amazon listing is a mess because the book was originally supposed to have been just a softback, which is the jacket design shown on Amazon and on the P&S website. The hardback has a different cover, as in the attached photo.

I didn't even know myself the date it was being published, as they kept pushing the publication date on and on, and as a result I have lost a lot of sales opportunities when I have been giving talks etc back home in west Wales throughout last year. It has been a frustrating two years, especially as I have a further three to be published.

If anyone is interested, it is best to get copies from P&S at £15.99 http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Welsh-Yeomanry-at-War-Hardback/p/10892

Cheers,

Steve John.

15193490_132909090525629_4362044832095335644_n.jpg

Well done, Steve!

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...

My copy arrived yesterday.  I have only had a quick look at it but as I would expect it looks great.

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2017 at 01:53, Bernard_Lewis said:

Well done, Steve!

Bernard

Thanks Bernard!

Well done Steven. Looks like I will soon have another book on my already groaning bookshelves!

Overpriced copies of books are a common occurrence on Amazon. Most of my books have been  offered at silly prices . On E Bay they are being sold at twice the price and are being sent from France and the USA!