The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

I Wish They'd Killed You In A Decent Show

Michelle Young

• Admin

The book was unavailable from Amazon so ordered direct from Reveille Press on 18th January. The email I received in acknowledgment said 2 working days for delivery but no sign of the book yet and no answer to the email I sent asking where the book is. Has anyone else ordered a book from Reveille and had to wait?

Michelle

Michelle

I don't have any experience with Reveille, but Colin is a Forum member, so it might be worth tracking him down and sending him a PM?

• Admin

Good idea Paul. Will do

Michelle

Michelle

Until I read your post I didn't know about this book but after looking at the Amazon preview it is certainly one I would like to add to my collection. If you get any joy from your PM to Colin and more than one copy is available would you post details here please?

Garth

• Admin

Of course Garth. I'm off to the area covered in the book in April, and am keen to start my background reading.

Michelle

• Admin

I have heard from Reveille Press, they had

run out of copies and are printing more which should be available next week

Michelle

Michelle

Thanks for the update. I've had Colin's book on my wanted list since it came out, longer in fact as we corresponded as he was writing it. He was very helpful with my research on one of my footballers who was killed in the area the book covers. Do you have a particular interest in the area? Or any top tips about places to stay in the locality for that matter. I'd like to walk the battlefield in the not too distant future.

Pete.

• Admin

Pete, I am staying there in April, so will keep you informed of suitable Boulangeries! We are staying in a gite in Lagnicourt-Marcel. I have planned a couple of walks already which I will let you know about after the event! It's an area I have visited a few times but want to become better acquainted with. Forum member Jim Smithson lives in the vicinity and has been helpful with queries.

Michelle

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Still waiting for it to arrive!

• 2 weeks later...

£19.98 on Amazon today.

I Wish They'd Killed You in A Decent Show: The Bloody Fighting for Croisilles, Fontaine-Les-Croisilles and the Hindenburg Line Between March 1917 to August 1918 Paperback – 19 Dec 2014

by Colin Taylor (Author)

• Admin

Arrived today, looking forward to reading it

Michelle