The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

YOU CAN GET THE STAFF!

David Filsell

One might add OUP to the list of publishers out of touch with the market. Mark Harrison's "The Medical War: British Military Medicine in the First World War" is a superb book that costs a small fortune. MG

I see that Doctrine and Reform in the British Cavalry 1880 - 1918 has appreciated in price since purchasing it in 2010.

.................................................................................................................................................................Hardcover Cost (new)......Reviews on Amazon/verified purchases

Early Trench Tactics in the French Army - The Second Battle of Artois May-June 1915;...................................£95.............................3.........................0

British Infantry Battalion Commanders in the First World War,............................................................................£70.............................1.........................1

Doctrine and Reform in the British Cavalry 1880 - 1918 ....................................................................................£95.............................3.........................2

British Generalship during the Great War - The Military Career of Sir Henry Horne ..........................................£95..............................1.........................1

British Artillery on the Western Front in the First World War - 'The Infantry cannot do with a gun less'. ............£95..............................0.........................0

Before my Helpless Sight: Suffering, Dying and Military Medicine on the Western Front 1914 -1918 ................£75..............................1.........................0

British Battle Planning in 1916 and the Battle of Fromelles: A Case Study of evolving skill.................................£70.............................0.........................0

Total cost for 7 books........................................................................................................................................£595.............................9........................4

Contrast with Sir Max

Catastrophe: Europe Goes to War 1914..............................................................................................................£10............................444*...................402

*63 reviews are classified as 'negative'.

Gareth

By all means quote me to Helion, I have in the past let them know directly how impressed I am with their products. Now, if you can persuade them to acquire the publishing rights to those interesting volumes at Ashgate, Cambridge, Palgrave MacMillan etc, etc.........

Same here. I know Duncan and many of his team well and am on standing distribution for review copies (not just on WW1)