The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Kitcheners Mob: by Peter Doyle & Chris Foster.

Grandpacarr

Being a Member of The Western Front Association, I usually take advantage of the excellent talks that are available at my local Branch, Petts Wood in Kent, on Thursday night 26th May. I went to see Peter Doyle`s fantastic talk titled "Kitcheners Mob" It was the first time he had done this particular talk, My main interest being Kitcheners Army and more especially The Leeds & Bradford Pals, especially the latter as my dear old Grandad was in the 1st Bradford Pals and fought at Serre. Anyway it was a very good talk indeed and I fully reccomend going to see him if you get the chance. I was very pleased indeed to see my area of Craven in the Yorkshire Dales (I am a Dalesman living in London) being discussed ie Tunstill`s Legion which is very rarely mentioned in books.

Any way I bought his latest book from him, hot off the press he said and titled "Kitcheners Mob", Written by Peter Doyle and Chris Foster. I have not yet read it cover to cover but it is a very well written and well researched volume with some very good photographs in it. It covers the story of Kitcners men from their inception to their destruction on the Battlefields of the Somme.