The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Royal Navy in Mesopotamia 1914-1917

seaJane

Does anyone know how much of this book is included in / omitted from the later compilation by the same author, The shallow end of war?

Thanks.

sJ

https://www.leonaur.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1063 says 

The Shallow End of War

The Royal Navy’s small vessels and armoured cars in the Great War

This book has been created by Leonaur’s editors by bringing together historical accounts from Conrad Cato’s two books, ‘The Navy in Mesopotamia 1914-17’ and ‘The Navy Everywhere.’ Cato was a serving officer in the Royal Navy in Mesopotamia (modern Iraq) and drew on his own experiences for his first book which originally—and unusually—contained both non-fiction and fictional pieces. The fiction has been removed from this edition to allow the whole of the author’s second book, about the actions of the Royal Navy at war in East Africa and in the Cameroons, to be included here.

Cheers

Maureen

Thank you for that Maureen. *dithers about getting fiction*

• 1 month later...

just purchased "the navy in mesopotamia" by Cato for quite a little amount i must admit to being a bit surprised  at the small size of the book 

Original edition? If so I believe it's middling rare.

55 minutes ago, barkalotloudly said:

just purchased "the navy in mesopotamia" by Cato for quite a little amount i must admit to being a bit surprised  at the small size of the book 

Surprised you didn't buy the jacketed copy that Mr. D in Brighton has for a mere £225!

one cannot have everything one wants in life! but i must admit to being well pleased with some recent purchases 

for that amount i would want the author to read it to me while scantily clad maidens popped peeled grapes into my mouth!!  

Might distract you from the book! I shall have to make do with a reprint...

37 minutes ago, barkalotloudly said:

for that amount i would want the author to read it to me while scantily clad maidens popped peeled grapes into my mouth!!  

That's the way I've always pictured you, John.